Dallas, Texas – If a winter storm should strike, do you have safeguards in place to protect your business? Preparing your business for both short and long-term interruptions is important. Additionally, business owners should consider having an action or communications plan for their employees.
In partnership with Agility Recovery, the Small Business Administration developed a checklist for business owners to consider when preparing their companies for emergencies and disaster recoveries:
Before the Storm:
- Check your insurance coverage protection against winter hazard
- Develop a procedure for restoring electrical services on an item-by-item basis
- Develop a procedure for relocating salvageable and undamaged stock and supplies
During the Storm:
- Keep driveways, walkways, and doorways clear of snow and ice
- Open water faucets to let them drip to keep water flowing through the pipes vulnerable to freezing
- Have the names and phone numbers of your heating contractor, plumber, fire department, insurance agent, and building owner accessible.
You can read the entire business preparation checklist on the Agility Recovery website.