- EEOC to Require Employers with 100 or More Employees to Disclose Pay Data
- IRS Proposes New Non-Discrimination Requirements for Retirement Plans
- Winter Preparedness for Your Business
- USCIS Proposes Amendments to High-Skilled Visa Regulations for Permanent and Temporary Workers
- ADVOCACY URGES DEPARTMENT of VETERAN AFFAIRS (VA) TO ISSUE AN INITIAL REGULATORY FLEXIBLITY ANALYSIS FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
Category Archives: US Department of Commerce
The U.S. Commerce Department today announced that Matthew T. McGuire will be joining the agency as Assistant to the Secretary and Director of the Office of Business Liaison. In this position, he will be leading the Department’s efforts to engage the business … Continue reading
U.S. Commerce Department Announces Launch of i6 Green Challenge to Promote Clean Energy Innovation and Economic Growth
The U.S. Commerce Department’s Economic Development Administration (EDA) and its Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship today announced the opening of its $12 million i6 Green Challenge in partnership with the U.S. Departments of Agriculture, Energy, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the National Science Foundation, and Commerce’s National Institute of Standards and Technology and U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
The Commerce Department’s U.S. Census Bureau today released data on new residential construction in January 2011. Permits for new homes fell 10.4 percent in January, compared with private sector expectations of a 13.1 percent decline.
The Commerce Department’s U.S. Census Bureau today released retail sales data for January 2011. Retail sales rose 0.3 percent in January. This figure was slightly below private-sector expectations of a 0.6-percent gain. Excluding automobiles, retail sales grew 0.3 percent in January. Sales at motor vehicle dealers increased 0.6 percent.